Return on Investment or Single on Investment in Social Media?
August 10, 2010 Leave a comment
It’s a conceptual mistake.
We’d better think in terms of “single on investment”:
- what is at stake is the preparation of the organisation to welcome, understand and manage social web within its diverse functions. Like in a journey, a brand or a person should prepare its bags, pack-age, understand the diverse milestones which are to come
- when you fly to a new country, you need to get some change in the local currency. For instance, if you’re an American brand, you’d better get euros soon asp. You’ll also check what are the rates, what are the prices for daily goods or services
- you’ll also try to find “friends” or local contacts, which will help you enter more deeply in a new culture
- you’ll get some insights about local habits
- you’ll probably get some vaccines!
Then, only then, you start your journey. And can think of the Return.